Design Reports August 28, 2018
- Identify elements of a successful design report
…And that’s it!
The goal today is simply to get you started thinking about what goes into a report. In practice, designers typically only write lengthy prosaic reports as a deliverable to summarize findings from user research (often to handoff to other designers). We’ll modify this approach a bit to produce reports about our work throughout the class, especially on solo projects. This will help you to document as you go, giving you plenty of content to help you put together your portfolio once class is over. It will also serve as the record of your work that you’ll review with one of the TAs in a 1-on-1.
- Designing Case Studies: Showcasing A Human-Centered Design Process by Senongo Akpem
- Questions I ask when reviewing a design by Jason Fried
- How To Write an “About Me” Page That Gets You Hired by Nicole Fenton
- Words as Material by Nicole Fenton